Congressional Offices

Program Description

The offices of the Senators and Representatives can help constituents answer questions, find resources, or resolve problems. You can also share your thoughts on current legislation that may affect you, your family, and your community.


  • Congressional Offices can help constituents troubleshoot issues with federal agencies, including the VA. For example, if you can't get an answer from a federal agency in a timely fashion, or if you feel you have been treated unfairly, these offices may be able to help resolve a problem or get you the information you need.
  • Each Congressman from RI also has a member of staff who deals with veterans' issues, concerns or case management.

How To Apply

  • To get assistance with your submitted VA claim, you will need to submit a signed information release form to your Congressman. This allows the Congressman and his staff to obtain information about your case. Release forms are located on the Members’ websites.

Participating Programs