Military Awards Replacement
National Archives

Program Description

The National Personnel Records Center (NPRC) at the National Archives maintains a resource page for veterans and next-of-kin seeking issuance or replacement of military service medals, decorations and awards.

Requests for medals, decorations and awards should be directed to the specific branch of the military in which the veteran served. However, for cases involving Air Force and Army personnel, the NPRC will verify the awards to which a veteran is entitled and forward the request to the appropriate service department.


  • Military veterans and next-of-kin of deceased veterans.

How To Apply

  • For Army and Air Force requests, apply online through the National Archives' eVetRecs system. For all other requests, mail your request to the addresses listed on the National Archives website.

Contact Info

Military Awards Replacement